The club's first (annual?) outing to Nasami Farms Native Plant Trust. 7/15/22. More photos are here.
Create a community that celebrates native planting, knowledge sharing, and overall gardening education in a fun, social, and no pressure environment. The below resources serve as guides in our interest to support and promote local ecosystems.
- Pollinator Pathways Program – Shared goal for plantings should be 70% native to 30% non-native with 0% invasive
- The Lakewise Program
- The writings of Douglas Tallamy
Meetings typically occur on the 3rd weekend of the month from May through September on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. That month’s host will decide the day, time, and topic for the meeting.
- June – June 24, 2:00 p.m. Meet and Greet + Info on Invasive Jumping Worms. See more background in ‘News’ section below
- Location: Beth Brody’s house (392 Lake Raponda Rd).
- Meeting Minutes
- July – July 15, 2:00 p.m. at Nasami Farms
- Field Trip to Nasami Farms Native Plant Trust. Meet at Raponda Public Beach trail head at 1:00pm to carpool or meet at 2:00 pm at Nasami. We will have a tour of the nursery operations, the grounds, and the opportunity to shop and dig in the garden if anyone wants. Nasami closes at 4:30. RSVP with Beth or Chessia directly. (firstname.lastname@example.org or Bebo681@aol.com)
- August – August 19, 2:00 (TBD)
- September – September 23,
- Host: Cindy Junco, Topic: Bulbs and fall planting.
Topics of Interest for Future Meetings:
- Beautifying the lake area. Gary Curullo and John Widness will scope out areas that are
appropriate for beautification. Garden Club members can “adopt” and area to plant and tend,
either individually or in a group, planting native and pollinators.
- Planting to discourage wildlife in your garden
- Plant exchanges, although the jumping worms might be an issue with this.
- In late winter a conversation about starting plants from seeds. Maybe a zoom?
- Guest talk by the Milkweed Lady from Dummerston
- Bees; trees and maintaining trees
- Vegetable gardens/edible gardens
Books and Articles
Olallie Daylily Garden
Scotts Farm – Brattleboro
Walker Farm – Dummerston
Maple Hill Greenhouse and Nursery – Swanzey, N.H.
Nasami Farm Native Plant Trust – Whately, Mass
Windham Conservation Society – annual plant sale in Putney
Contacts: Chessia Kelley – email@example.com, Beth Brody – Bebo681@aol.com
Please reach out for updates, changes, or requests
GardenClub@raponda.org to reach the full list-serve of members